October 1, 2011

Day 1: The Topic for October

Today, maybe even as you read this, I'm speaking at a women's retreat in DC.  The fact that I'm there is testimony to God doing more than we ask or imagine - and to the fact that I have some super cool friends and family who encourage and enable me to pursue my dreams.

God is good.  We get nowhere alone.  He guides & carries and gives us others to walk with us, encourage us, & share in the journey with us.

Okay, it's October first and I posted yesterday about the possibility of writing daily for the month, joining up with others connected to Emily's blog over at Chatting at the Sky.

Am I in?

Yes, I am!

Drumroll please as I reveal the topic.




Are you drumming?

Yes?




Okay, here it is:

31 Days of "Becoming More Yourself Than Ever"



At one point in C.S. Lewis' Screwtape Letters, the mentor demon says to his mentee:

When [God] talks of [Christians] losing theirselves, He only means abandoning the clamour of self-will; once they have done that, He really gives them back their personality and boasts (I'm afraid, sincerely) that when they are wholly His, they will be more themselves than ever.

For the next 30 days, I'll be exploring (and invite you to join me!) the idea that as we die to ourselves, we come more alive, and how God effects that change in us as we walk with Him through the joys & sorrows, ups & downs, and the in-betweens of life.

As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins and by nature objects of wrath ... But, because of His great love for us, GOD, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in our transgressions.  
Paul, Ephesians 2


Let's come alive together this October!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it, Heather! What a great, great topic. I can't WAIT to read more. Blessings on you this weekend. I can't believe that you're speaking and starting a new blog series at the same time. God is good.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! i love it too. i am excited to see how God will move in us. Thank you for being obedient.

    ReplyDelete